Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Monday, November 30, 2009

Big Goals




They call it the "youngest country on earth", home of the Kiwi bird, fuzzy like the fruit, a medium toned brown, sporting a long tan beak. Their flag: the same symbol as Britain in the top left corner, and a strange arrangement of four red stars on the right side. Mid summer is at Christmas time, and mid winter is in July. Annual rainfall in the North Island is about 50 to 60 inches. Population: 4,268, 600...compared to America's 304, 059, 724. Welcome to New Zealand, my one and only dream land. We all have those, some wish it was Hawaii, others Maine, some Italy, others France. For me, the long stretches of nothing but grass and hills and mountainous land is Heaven. I guess starting now would be a good idea. I have such a big dream that sometimes I laugh at myself and say it's not going to work that way. I want to own a farm, one of those farms where on the holidays you go and pick pumpkins out, or apples, or strawberries, or whatever is in season. I want one of those. With some billy goats, and horse or two, and some pigs, and of course the cow. And just for the heck of it, an alpaca. Of course, lovie over here wants to own his own bakery. Ha, something we can't put together huh? A farm and a bakery? Who wants to eat with the pigs haha. Well anyways, we picked this house out to be our model for our future home. No matter where we end up, and whether or not I have my farm and he has his bakery..life will be grand. Hold me to it if you must, but we will accomplish our goals one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment