Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Who on God's green earth am I?

So I just got back from the social security building..or the Hastings Keith federal building I guess it's called..whatever..I went there because in the transaction from moving from Aaron's parents' house to my old foster mom's brother's house..I seemed to have misplaced it..either that or it's somewhere in a south carolina hotel..so yeah..I went to the building and first you empty your pockets into..what they would call buckets..but I would call dog bowls..I know that's what they were because when I worked at the vet..those were the bowls we used...ok..side tracked again..sorry...so..I empty my pockets and put my bag on the belt..blah blah..I'm not a terrorist..I'm good..they give me my stuff and I go in the room on the right. After getting my number and waiting for like two minutes..which was awesome..they call my number..Ok cool..this should be easy right? Wrong! What's your social? ######### Can I see your ID and birth certificate? I hand the lovely lady my ID and certificate and there begins all the problems; the adress isn't the same, the middle name isn't the same..the parents on the birth certificate aren't the same. Ok, what do you want from me..I'm an alien..So she asks me what my parents' names are..I say..i have no clue...She says where were you born..I say I have no clue...She says what was your old middle name...I say I have no clue..She says sweetie..what do you know..I say "Well..I sign by Fatima Tavares, everyone calls me Mia..my last name used to be either Cardoso or Cardoza, and soon enough i'll be signing by Canario" She says ok, we'll figure this out.. You do that =) And I leave half an hour later with a paper that says if they find that I've lied about any of my information I can be summoned to court. Great..if only I knew who the hell I was...there would be no problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment