Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Friday, February 26, 2010

I found my way to the BCC library..where I do most of my blogging, because there I can bring my lap top and connect to the web. I sat at the center table and I was adding quotes to the pictures on my side bar when I felt a tap on my right shoulder.

"Help...please...me"
Great..broken English
"Um sure, what do you need?"
Make it quick I'm blogging here
"Eh..eh..I think I'm doing this"
Huh?
"This book, I'm supposed to do"
Great..foreign retard..
"Well, what page are you supposed to be working from?"
"Um..um..eeehhh..this one.."
pg 253
"Ok, well it has six steps for you to do, just follow them"
"What do I do?"
Your'e kidding me right?
"Well, step one says to go to the desktop and open paint"
"How does paint open?"
"Click on it"....."Twice"....."No, fast"...."Like this"
"I opened paint?"
Well...technically I did..but whatever
"Ok, what does step two tell you to do?"
"Um..um..draw.....a....circle....in center...of page"
"Ok, so now you just have to draw a circle"
"Which one's the cirlce?"
The round one stooge
"This one, above the square"
"I click on it?"
YEESSSSSSS!!
"Yup, and you have to draw it in the center of the screen"
"Am I done?"
"How many steps have you completed?"
"Two"
"And how many are there in total?"
"Um..eh..six?"
Finding my happy place...Peanut butter ice cream
"Yup, so now go onto step three..what does it tell you?"
"Um..choose a color....and.....fill...in the cirle"
Ok, easy enough
"What color?"
"It doesn't matter, whatever color you prefer"
"Um..um..ok..choose a color....and.....fill...in the circle..I choose color now?"
"Yeah, just pick a color"
"Ok"
Waiting for color selection
"Choose a color...and...fill in the circle"
"Look, just click on one of these colors down here, you see them?"
"Yes...you pick"
"Ok, we'll go with blue..what does step four say?"
"Eh...um..step four....click on Text button....and write your name in the center of the cirlce"
"Ok, the text button is the one with the big "T""
"Big "T"?"
"Yeah..this one..click on it"
"Ok, I clicked, now what?"
"What did the book tell you to do?"
"Um..my name"
If you ask me what your name is I'm walking away
"Ok, good, now what..what's the next step?
"Um..eh...go to file...go down...to save as...save to the desktop"
This one will be fun
"Ok, file is in the top tool bar"
"File...ok...save it? I save it?"
"Yup, save it"
"As what?"
"Anything you want"
"Um..ok...um...go to file...go down...to save as.."
"Just save it as your name"
"Ok...now what?"
"I'll bring it to the desktop for you"
"Oh, thank you"
"The last step..what does it tell you?"
"Exit paint and go to desktop and....bring it to...the recycling bin"
"Let me do that one for you"

Now, I swear to you this woman was not mentally challenged in any way..she just barely spoke English and didn't know a thing about computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment